Is learning to swim one of your goals? Or maybe you know how to swim, but want to refine your technique? Consider registering for swim lessons to work with a certified instructor in a group of no more than 4 participants to reach your goal! Our current swim lessons offered are: Gaining Comfort, Beginners and Advanced Beginners.
There are no Group Swim Lessons offered during the month of December.
Registration for January sessions open the week of December 26.
Gaining Comfort: You will work to increase your comfort level in the water so that the aquatic environment can be used for wellness without fear. Participants will also work toward being able to swim independently.
- Thursdays; 12:15-1:00pm - Registration opens Dec 28 at 12:15pm
Beginner: This level is best for those who are comfortable in the water and able to float independently, but have little or no experience with swimming. You will learn different strokes at your own pace, striving to become proficient at each of the strokes. Participants MUST be able to float independently for this level.
- Mondays; 5:30-6:15m - Registration opens Dec 26 at 5:30pm
- Tuesdays; 6:15-7:00am - Registration opens Dec 26 at 6:15am
- Tuesdays; 11:30am-12:15pm - Registration opens Dec 26 at 11:30am
- Tuesdays; 6:30-7:15pm - Registration opens Dec 26 at 6:30pm
- Thursdays; 11:30am-12:15pm - Registration opens Dec 28 at 11:30am
Advanced Beginner: At this level you should have a basic knowledge of one or more strokes. You will be introduced to additional strokes and begin to work on improving your swimming stamina. Participants MUST be able to swim one length of the pool for this level.
- Tuesdays; 7:15-8:00pm – Registration opens Dec 26 at 7:15pm
- Wednesdays; 10:45-11:30am - Registration opens Dec 27 at 10:45am
Questions to Group Fitness Leads
Swim lessons are offered on a monthly basis, usually consisting of 4 lessons per session. Each session is $40. To register for swim lessons, stop by the front desk or call 507-266-4688. Or for private swim lessons, click here.
*Fee is non-transferable and due at registration. A minimum 24-hour advance notice of program start date required for refund.
All DAHLC instructors are certified as Water Safety Instructors by the American Red Cross. During swim lessons, the Fitness Pool is closed to members who are not enrolled in lessons. This is to ensure the safety of participants as well as to make the swim lessons are a positive experience for those enrolled.