Pilates is an exercise method that strengthens the body’s core. It can be performed on a specialized piece of equipment called the Reformer. When signing up, the member must complete the Pilates Foundations program before continuing into the other program types listed below.
- Foundations: the prerequisite course which will teach students the fundamentals of Pilates Reformer exercises. This level is required before moving to the next levels and is offered three times a year in Jan/Feb, May/June, and Sep/Oct.
- Adaptive: designed for the Pilates student needing modifications for joint concerns or other conditions.
- Essential: designed for the new Reformer student who has completed the Foundations program.
- Experienced: incorporates more complex exercises to the Pilates Reformer repertoire. Student will have mastered exercises in Essential levels.
- Challenge: for the advanced Pilates student that requires muscular strength, flexibility, and core stability. The student must be injury free to register for this level.
Pilates Group Reformer: Strengthen your core by practicing Pilates on a Pilates Reformer machine. Core strength plus joint flexibility are achieved through the use of the machine's resistance springs. Prerequisite: Pilates Foundations.
Registration opens: Feb 25 - Mar 6
Program runs: Mar 11 - Apr 27
Pilates Foundations: This course teaches the student the principles of Pilates and the matwork exercises. Included is an introduction to the Pilates Reformer machine. Upon completion, the student is eligible to register for the Pilates Group Reformer Essential program.
Registration opens: TBA
Program runs: TBA
To register for Pilates Reformer, please stop by the front desk or call 507-266-4688.
View the Pilates Reformer/Foundations Schedule here.
At the experienced-level and want to try something new? Try our Cadillac Reformer program or our Athletic Reformer program. Click here for all the details.
**While Pilates Foundations is required for the Pilates Group Reformer program, it is not a prerequisite for any drop-in Pilates class on the Class Schedule. If you have prior Pilates experience, please contact Lori Casey to determine if the Foundations program is necessary.