Wondering where to get started once you become a member at the DAHLC? Try a basics class! We have lots of different offerings based on your area of focus. You will work with a Health & Wellness Coach as they will introduce you to the proper form and technique of the exercise. Below are the types of basics classes we offer. Simply sign up for a date and time that works for you by stopping by the front desk, calling 507-266-4688 or registering online using the Member Portal. These 60-minute classes are free (included in your membership fee) and will be hands-on so please wear workout attire.
Times you can schedule a Basics class:
- Mondays: 10-11am
- Tuesdays: 8-9am or 1-2pm
- Wednesdays: 7:30-8:30am or 2:30-3:30pm or 5:30-6:30pm
- Thursdays: 10-11am
- Fridays: 3-4pm
- Saturdays: 10:15-11:15am
Click the name of each offering to see the movements you would be covering in the class.
- Stretching Basics: Learn to incorporate static stretching from head to toe.
- Cardio Basics: Learn the foundations of cardiovascular activity with multiple pieces of cardio equipment to find what feels best for your body.
- Linear Basics: Learn basic strength guidelines using linear equipment. Beginner/intermediate.
- Cable Basics: Learn how to use the cable column to increase your strength and endurance with just one piece of equipment. Beginner.
- Core Basics: Learn the basics of building a strong core. Beginner/Intermediate.
- Body Weight Basics: Learn how to challenge yourself using just your body. Beginner/Intermediate.
- Freemotion Basics: Learn basic strength guidelines using cable equipment. Intermediate.
- Free Weight Basics: Learn how to utilize the free weight area. Intermediate/Advanced.
- Roll Out to Recovery: Learn the fundamentals of self-massage using foam rollers, massage sticks and balls.
- Suspension: Learn how to utilize the suspension equipment with proper form and technique.
- *Women's Studio Basics: You will learn basic strength and cardiovascular guidelines and experience a full body exercise program. (Only offered certain times)
- *Kettlebell Basics: Learn basic kettlebell exercises with emphasis on form and safety. (Only offered certain times)
Register online using the Member Portal, stop by the front desk or call 507-266-4688.