After various attempts at dieting and exercising on their own, the lack of results had David and Janet frustrated and fed up. Searching for answers, Janet saw the advertising online for our Revive & Thrive program and thought, "This would be perfect for us!"
With 8 grand kids, approaching retirement, and wanting spend more time on outdoor activities, they were in need of a healthy lifestyle change. Listen in (headphones encouraged for best experience) to hear how the Revive & Thrive program opened the doors to their new life together!
After their success with the program, here are their 8 top tips and advice for anyone starting out:
1. Why wait? The time is going to pass regardless.
2. Put yourself first, and just START!
3. Commit and make a healthy lifestyle a priority.
4. Grocery shop and stock the house with healthy foods (less junk).
5. Move often, and with a purpose! (They aim for 10,000 steps per day)
6. Spend less time watching TV, and more time being active in any way you enjoy.
7. Have an accountability buddy (spouse, family member, or friend) for support, encouragement, and inspiration.
8. Don't be afraid to ask for help! The DAHLC Staff are friendly and full of knowledge. They want nothing more than to see you succeed!
Thank you for sharing your inspiring story! For more information on our Revive & Thrive program, click here.