So you want to make a difference in others' lives while promoting a healthy lifestyle? Well, look no further than becoming a group fitness instructor here at the DAHLC!
To become a group fitness instructor, follow the list below:
- Obtain AFAA (Aerobics and Fitness Association of America) Primary Group Fitness certification. It takes about 2-3 months to prepare and complete the online certification.
- There will be two informational sessions on becoming a group fitness instructor on Monday, May 14 from 12:15-12:45pm and Wednesday, 16 from 5-5:30pm located in SL-122 of the DAHLC. Feel free to attend to learn more and have any questions answered by our group fitness lead instructors.
- If you are a non-exempt employee at Mayo Clinic, you must work .8 FTE or less in order to apply.
- Possess current CPR and AED certification
- Apply online here (going through the certification process does not guarantee you a position at the DAHLC)
Perks of becoming an instructor:
- Make a difference in peoples’ lives
- Lead people toward their fitness goals
- Connect with others
- Participate in an upbeat and positive working team environment
- Become a role model
- Teach others and learn from leaders in the industry
- Take advantage of educational opportunities in your field
- Teach at a world class facility
- Socialize and connect with others in a field you're passionate about
- Have lots of fun while interacting and moving!
If you have been thinking about becoming a group fitness instructor, this is a perfect opportunity to find out more information and begin the process of becoming a leader in fitness.
*Additional questions can be directed to DAHLC group fitness leads at email@example.com
Become a group fitness instructor, Blog, Blog, certification, Event, FAQ, get fit, Group Fitness, registration, Registrations, Uncategorized