Our Beef Teppanyaki was a huge hit at the Center Café for June’s Tasty Tuesday so we wanted to share it with you. For the ultimate summer cookout, serve it with grilled vegetables and fresh fruit.
216 calories | 5g fat | 507mg sodium | 4g carbs | 2g sugar | 26g protein
Yield: 12 - 1 oz. skewers
Serving Size: 3 skewers
1 pound raw beef sirloin, sliced in 1" x 4" strips
1/4 cup beef stock
1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
1/4 cup Low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup Rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp Sesame seed oil
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- Cut the sirloin into equal size strips (~1 oz.) or cubes. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Combine stock and hoisin sauce for glaze. Mix well.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar, ginger and garlic for marinade. Mix until well-blended.
- Pour marinade over beef. Toss to evenly coat. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Drain and discard excess marinade.
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes before use.
- Weave 1 strip (1oz) beef on skewer. Place on a very hot char grill. Brush lightly with marinade. Grill to minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
For more healthy recipe ideas, click here.
Blog, Blog, Eat Well, Grilling, healthy recipe, Nutrition, Recipe, Recipe, Recipes, Recipes, Tasty Tuesday