Whether you are looking for a new one to grow or exploring the local market, there are shake up your usual vegetable routine. Here are a few new ones:
- Summer Cupcake squash. Rich sweet flavor. Ideal for roasting, grilling, broiling and stuffing. High in vitamins A & C, potassium and fiber.
- Ruby Glow lettuce. Crisp deep purple leaves with a vibrant red heart. Great in salads. High in antioxidants anthocyanin, folate and fiber.
- Chiba Green Beans. Flavor packed large deep green color. Tasty eaten fresh. Good source of fiber and vitamin C.
- Mexican Sour Gherkin Cucumbers. Grape size sweet cucumber with a sour aftertaste. Terrific in stir fries or eaten raw in salads. Also good for pickling.
- Purple Haze Carrots. Add colorful zest to meals. Sweet, delicious raw or cooked. Low in calories. high in vitamin A, lutein, and anthocyanins.
Blog, Blog, Eat Well, Nutrition, Nutrition Tip, summer veg