Courtesy is a behavior [act] that shows respect, kindness, or consideration to someone. Acting with courtesy is behaving in a way that is without expectation of a return on investment or a boost to your own resume!
An act of kindness, large or small, can go a long way. What can you do today to show courtesy to someone?
- Allow someone ahead of you in grocery checkout line.
- Leave a large tip at restaurant.
- Turn off cell phone: During a meeting, while driving, when your children are talking to you.
- Hold a door, give up a seat.
- Practice patience with others when things don’t go as planned.
- Tell people thank you, even for doing their job.
- Offer to help someone with no expectation of return.