The DAHLC has over 150 drop-in classes weekly! We, as DAHLC staff, want members to feel knowledgeable, welcome, and confident in all areas of the facility, including drop-in offerings. We have received some general questions about these offerings via Facebook, comment cards, etc. and thought a “Frequently Asked Questions” blog may help clear some questions and concerns from members. Please
see below for everything you need to know!
1. Where can I find the schedule of your classes? Group fitness schedules are located in the kiosk in the lobby of the DAHLC. There is also a schedule online, which includes class substitutions and classes by day/studio. Click here for our online schedule.
2. How many people can come to a class?
- Barefoot Power: 40 participants
- Cable classes: 10 participants
- Cycle classes: 37 participants
- Indo-Row classes: 30 participants
- Kettlebell and Suspension Training (KB & ST): 8 participants
- Pilates Core: 25 participants
- Pilates Sculpt and Balance & Control: 15 participants
- Pool classes: 25 participants
- Power 45: 12 participants
- Quick Fixx: 30 participants
- Strength classes: 40 participants
- Yoga classes: 30 participants
- Zumba: 40 participants
3. How early should I arrive to the class I am going to? Students can stand outside the studio 30 minutes prior to the start of a class and enter the studio 15 minutes prior to the start of class. During busy times (6-8am, 11-1pm, and 4-6pm) classes often fill so we recommend planning accordingly.
4. Are there pre-requisites to any of the drop-in classes? Pre-requisite classes are listed below. Otherwise, all require no experience!
- Kettlebell and Suspension Training (KB &ST) requires an eight week KB & ST training session prior to participating in the drop-in.
- Experienced and Challenge Yoga require some knowledge of yoga poses, breath, and sequencing.
5. What should I wear to the classes? Wear supportive cross-training shoes for strength and cardio classes. Bare feet are encouraged in Yoga, Pilates, and Barefoot Power classes but please wear shoes to and from the studio. The bikes used in cycling classes are SPD clip compatible. Wear comfortable and breathable athletic attire. Please adhere to the DAHLC dress code.
6. Do I need to bring anything to classes? All of the equipment the instructors use in class will be provided. A towel (available at the facility) and water bottle are recommended. You are also welcome to bring your own Yoga mat if you are interested.
7. Can I bring a friend to classes? Yes! Guests are welcome to all of our drop-in group fitness classes. Purchase a guest pass at the front desk for only $10.
8. Can I hold a place in line for my friend? We ask that each participant wait in line and set up his/her own equipment to ensure a fair chance for others to participate.
9. Do you offer an in-person overview of all classes? We offer a “Getting Started with Group Fitness” appointment. You will meet one-on-one with an instructor and they will give you information about all of our drop-in offerings as well as sign-up programs. This appointment is a one time, one hour appointment which is conversation based. No need to wear workout attire. Stop by the front desk or call 507-266-4688 to register for an appointment.
10. What if I would feel more comfortable having some experience before stepping foot in a class? We have a few introductory classes/programs available at the DAHLC to help members feel more comfortable and confident for their first class. Stop by the front desk or call 507-266-4688 to sign up for any of the offerings below:
- Cable Basics – prep for all cable weights classes
- Cycle intro – prep for all Cycle classes
- Kettlebell Basics – prep to learn how to use Kettlebells in Training Studio for individual workout
- Indo-row intro – prep for Indo-Row classes and Row & Reps classes
- Pilates Foundations – 8 week program which is a prerequisite for Pilates Group Reformer program but also great prep for any Pilates class
- Strength Intro – prep for Strength classes, Quick Fixx classes and Row and Reps classes
- Yoga Foundations- 8 week program which will prep the student for Essential and Warm Yoga Fusion classes
Comment below if you have additional questions; we’re always happy to answer them. We can’t wait to see you in class! Click here for our online schedule.