Worksite Wellness Presentations
Worksite presentations provide a great opportunity for managers/supervisors to incorporate wellness into their meetings, team days, and retreats. The Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center Worksite Wellness personnel can help coordinate educational wellness sessions to Mayo Clinic employees on a variety of topics.
- Dining Out – Learn tips from a DAHLC dietitian on how to make healthier choices when dining out so unfamiliar menus, large portions, and tempting high calorie foods don’t sabotage your goals.
- Get Fit - Not only will you learn about physical activity, but how to incorporate movement into your everyday life, including the concept of NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis).
- Getting Started - A review of goal setting as you start making behavior changes, as well as an overview of DAHLC and other wellness resources available to employees.
- Gratitude - Learn about the benefits of gratitude and how to incorporate gratitude into your life as a means of stress reduction.
- Laughter Yoga - A DAHLC Well-Being Specialist will help you take a break from your day and enjoy a fun combination of stretching, breathing and laughter exercises!
- Meaning and Purpose - Find the meaning and purpose in your day-to-day life as a step to becoming a more resilient, less-stressed individual.
- Menu Planning – A DAHLC dietitian will provide various tools and tips to help make planning for healthy meals more efficient including how to use a staples list and the Plate Method to plan basic menus.
- Nutrition and Fitness - Intended for the average exerciser, a DAHLC dietitian will provide tips on how to fuel your body when exercising while improving your overall nutrition.
- Portion Control – A DAHLC dietitian will explore changes you can make in your environment for controlling portions and eating mindfully.
- Positive Thinking - Start focusing on controlling your thoughts to be positive, rather than negative, as a means of reducing the negative stress in life.
- Relax - Learn to identify and cope with the stressors in life through a variety of relaxation techniques.
- Sleep Tight - Understand the importance of healthy sleep habits and how to improve the quality of your sleep.
- SMART Workshop - A DAHLC Well-Being Specialist will facilitate a workshop based on the SMART program, which has been scientifically proven to increase well-being and resilience. This is a 60- or 90-minute session.
- Supporting Worksite Wellness - Targeted toward supervisors, this presentation covers the Why, What, Who, and most importantly, How, to support the wellness of Mayo Clinic's employees in a practical and feasible approach.
- Working Differently - Consider different ways to focus on your personal well-being even as you work differently and strive to do more with less.
- Work/Life Balance - Learn strategies to establish a balance in your life by defining your personal mission, setting priorities, and creating boundaries.
Depending on the length of the requested presentation, interactive activities can be incorporated. Reservations are required. Availability is limited and taken on a first-come, first-served basis. A minimum of ten individuals is required to be in attendance for this service. Presentations must be at least 30 minutes in length and no longer than 60 minutes. If you have further questions regarding our presentation services or to reserve a time, please email RSTWellnessChampion@mayo.edu.