"Do you offer personal training?" - We hear this question frequently from members and potential members.
While we don't offer the traditional personal training experience where you work one-on-one with a trainer for X amount of sessions for X amount of money, we do offer similar options that we wanted to share with you.
We offer small group training. This free, 6-week service provides you with the opportunity to work with a Health & Wellness Coach in a small group environment (2-6 members). Each session focuses on strength, cardio and flexibility and will meet once per week for 6 weeks up to 60 minutes per session. Is group training right for you? Let's take a look at our Top 10 benefits of group training and see if they align with your goals:
1. Economical – While individual personal training may provide the most personal attention, it can get fairly spendy. The average hourly rate for a personal training session is between $60-$70. This option if meeting just once per week for 6 weeks, will run you roughly $400. However, our group training is a free offering for members! Save your money and still get the attention you deserve!
2. Personal Attention – While our drop-in Group Fitness classes offer many benefits, the
instructors may not always be able to see and correct proper form for each individual during class.
3. Structure & Variety – By working with one of our knowledgeable Health and Wellness Coaches, you will have a structured workout routine focused around your specific goals. Your workouts will intensify and evolve as you progress, preventing plateaus and boredom.
4. No Thinking – There’s no stress around coming up with a workout for the day, finding a way to make yourself sweat, having to go to the same drop-in class every week, or jumping on the elliptical because you're not sure what else to do. Let our Health and Wellness Coach take that relief off your shoulders. No thinking, just doing on your part! Who knew "Simon Says" could still play a role in adult life?
5. Camaraderie – Let’s face it, workouts love company. Sharing workouts with others enhances the experience for participants. It's also a great way to provide support, and foster new friendships with like-minded people to help keep you accountable and your priorities top of mind.
6. Motivation – A Personal Trainer can only push you so hard during a session. However, having someone exercising right beside you can push you a little harder than you might do on your own. It's a great way embrace that friendly competitive fire you have in you!
7. Support – Our Health and Wellness Coach and other class participants are there to help you get through the challenges of the workout. You are all in this together!
8. Fun – If we are going to be honest, most of us get bored by doing the same gym routine over and over again. Which may result in less excitement, dreading it, and cause some to start making excuses to skip their gym workouts. This is why finding an exercise routine you enjoy is crucial for adherence and sustainability! And the right exercise program done with others can absolutely be fun! You never know till you try!
9. Adherence – Research shows that members that are involved in programs are more
likely stick with it. Why? It simply keeps you accountable to what you said you were going to do. Think of it as an important meeting you scheduled with yourself. You're the boss, and bosses don't cancel. And with all of the previously listed benefits, how could you not want to
keep coming back?
10. Results – Most importantly, the reason we are all here; we want results. When you consistently stick with a well constructed program, results follow. The satisfaction you'll feel from seeing progress with the hard work you've put in is priceless (just like our Group Training).
Along with Group Training, we have other offerings that may be right up your alley. We talked with Lynne, one of our Health & Wellness Coaches, to get her top 3 recommendations for personal training at the DAHLC.
If you are interested to sign up for one or more of these options, please stop by the front desk or call 507-266-4688.