We wanted to share with you 9 facts about Reiki and how this form of relaxation is used throughout the world. Reiki is alternative therapy that uses gentle touch to help relax enabling the body systems to move into a state of balance and harmony.
1. At a research study on the effects of Reiki done at Hartford Hospital:
2. Over 800 hospitals incorporate Reiki into their roster of patient services
3. Mayo Clinic volunteer services offers Reiki for both hospital and clinic patients.
4. Reiki is offered in the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center as a experiential educational experience.
5. Reiki was used in operating rooms as early as the mid-90’s
6. Reiki is listed in the Holistic Nursing "Scope and Standards of Practice" as an accepted form of care
7. At Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York
8. A Reiki station was setup to treat fire fighters and first responders at Ground Zero during the efforts that followed after the 9/11 tragedy
9. Professional sports teams employ Reiki practitioners to help athletes recover more quickly from surgery and/or injuries and to enhance performance
The DAHLC offers Reiki appointments on a weekly basis from Donna. To learn more, click here!