Pilates is an exercise method that strengthens the body’s core. It can be performed on a specialized piece of equipment called the Reformer. When signing up, the member must complete the Pilates Foundations program before continuing into the other program types listed below. Pilates Reformer classes are free (they are included in your membership fee).
- Foundations: the prerequisite course which will teach students the fundamentals of Pilates Reformer exercises. This level is required before moving to the next levels and is offered three times a year in Jan/Feb, May/June, and Sep/Oct.
- Adaptive: a level designed for the Pilates student needing modifications for joint concerns or other conditions.
- Essential: a level designed for the new Reformer student who has completed the Foundations program.
- Experienced: a level that incorporates more complex exercises to the Pilates Reformer repertoire. Student will have mastered exercises in Essential levels.
- Challenge: a level for the advanced Pilates student that requires muscular strength, flexibility, and core stability. The student must be injury free to register for this level.
Registration opens: 2 weeks prior to the class start date (week of Apr 24)
Program runs: May 8 – July 1
Schedule available: Click here
Direct questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
**While Pilates Foundations is required for the Pilates Group Reformer program, it is not a prerequisite for any drop-in Pilates class on the Drop-In Schedule. If you have prior Pilates experience, please contact Lori Casey to determine if the Foundations program is necessary.
To register for Pilates Reformer, please stop by the front desk or call 507-266-4688.
Click here to learn about Private Pilates options.