The DAHLC is an employee benefit and its mission is to make healthy living enjoyable, accessible and affordable to support Mayo Clinic's mission of having the healthiest workforce in America.
To be eligible for membership, you must meet one the following categories below:
- Mayo Clinic Employee
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine Students (includes Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences)
- Mayo Clinic Volunteer (*eligibility criteria applies; see Volunteer Program Coordinator)
- Mayo Clinic Retiree
- Spouse of one of the above (*must be legally married and updated with Mayo Clinic Human Resources or verify with a marriage certificate)
- Dependent Child of one of the above (*must be 18 years or older and meet IRS tax dependency criteria)
- Mayo Clinic Charter House Resident (*different cost structure: $180/3 months)
If you believe you meet one of the above requirements and would like to move forward please return to the Join page and continue to Step 2.
Non-eligibles include: Research Trainees, Research Affiliates, Research Collaborators, Contracted Employees, Unpaid Interns, Visiting Student from another university and High School Mentorship Program.
The DAHLC is a wonderful facility and we're asked why individuals associated with, but not employed by Mayo Clinic, can't use the center. It's because we are an employee benefit and we must follow the IRS tax benefit guidelines. Mayo Clinic subsidizes the rate for our members and if we opened our membership eligibility, we would either have to charge our employees more, or tax them on the difference between what they're paying and the subsidized value. This does not support our mission. We want membership to be affordable so we can continue to live a healthy lifestyle and be role models for the patients we see every day.
If you are unsure about your eligibility, please talk with your supervisor and they will be able to assist you.