Molly McMahon, M.D, member of the Mayo Clinic Rochester Healthy Living Committee
Dr. McMahon is a consultant in the Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism, and Nutrition and Professor of Medicine, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic. She is Medical Director of Nutrition in the Division of Endocrinology, Medical Director of the Clinical Dietetics and the Nutrition Support teams, and is actively involved with working with Mayo Clinic Food Service to begin providing healthy, great tasting food.
In her role at DAHLC, Dr. McMahon oversees nutrition programming for members. “I am fortunate to work with the DAHLC dietitians, chefs, and wellness staff in our nutrition classes, weight loss programs, culinary programs, and menu of the Center Café.” she says. “Healthy nutrition is important to each of us as it plays an important role in health promotion, disease prevention, and disease treatment.”
“I love the mission of the DAHLC to improve health of our deserving employees who are so committed to Mayo Clinic patients.”
- M.D., University of Wisconsin
- Internal Medicine residency, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Endocrinology Fellowship, Mayo Clinic
- Hospital Nutrition fellowship as a Mayo Foundation Scholar at Harvard University
- Nutrition Committee Co-Chair for the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Board, American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
- Awarded the Joseph B. Goldberger Award in Clinical Nutrition from the American Medical Association
- Co-Author, Encyclopedia of Foods: A Guide to Healthy Nutrition
- Past secretary of the Mayo Clinic staff
- Listed among the Best Doctors in America
Current clinical and research activities related to wellness
- Clinical practice focuses on the management of patients with nutrition concerns, weight management, and diabetes mellitus as well as on hospitalized patients receiving parenteral and enteral nutrition.
- Involved in research at the DAHLC for weight management and culinary programs.
- Collaborating with Carol Gorman, Mayo Clinic Food Service Administrator.