With the warm, long days of midsummer, we have the opportunity to explore new places and make the most of the great outdoors. Here are some local hotspots to check out this summer and create lasting memories with friends and family.
Foster Arend Park & Beach
- Open Memorial Day thru Labor Day
- Amenities include restrooms, playground, beach and grassy area, fishing pier, swimming/ wade-in water access
- No lifeguard on duty and no admission costs
Soldiers Field Pool
- Located at Soldiers Field Park near downtown Rochester
- Zero-depth pool with water slide, kiddie water park and restroom facilities
- $4 youth admission / $5 adult admission
Thursdays on 1st
- Rochester’s restaurant scene takes it to the streets on Thursdays during the summer
- Enjoy live music, good eats and fun attractions for the family during the day and evening
- The Bed & Breakfast capital of Minnesota, Lanesboro sits just southeast of Rochester and includes fun restaurants and ice cream parlors
- Great bike/running paths and tubing down the river
Oxbow Park and Zollman Zoo in Byron, MN
- Explore scenic hiking trails, a campground and a number of wildlife animals in our neighboring town of Byron.
- Great place for families to make a day or afternoon trip and free admission
Music on the Patio and Tasty Tuesday
- On select Tuesdays throughout the summer, the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center Café will be hosting Tasty Tuesdays AND Music on the Patio. Enjoy live music + delicious food! To see the live music schedule for Music on the Patio, click the link above or visit dahlc.mayoclinic.org. All are welcome.
Quarry Hill Nature Center
- With beautiful hiking trails, cave tours and interactive nature classes, you will have plenty to see and experience at Quarry Hill this summer and all year long!
Chester Woods Park
- There is a variety of sports and leisure activities to participate in at Chester Woods. From kayaking to fishing to lounging on the beach, this location will not disappoint, especially for just $5 daily.
Heritage Classic (intranet site)
- Prep for the Heritage Classic with our 5k workshop on Thursday, June 30th from 12-1pm. Participants will receive a 5k training guide, nutrition information, tools for strength training and more. Heritage Classic is held on Sunday, Sept. 25th at Soldier's Field at 4pm.
These are merely a few of the exciting destinations to mark on your calendar for the summer. Have fun, and happy summer!
Blog, Blog, hiking, nature, pools, Rochester activities, Summer Activities